Home > Visa Bulletin > March 2009 Visa Bulletin // With Comments and Discussion

March 2009 Visa Bulletin // With Comments and Discussion

February 10th, 2009 Leave a comment Go to comments

The Visa Bulletin for March 2009 was posted by the State Department earlier today. Screenshots posted below.

March 2009 // Family-Based Visa Bulletin

All Charge- ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
Family
1st 22JUL02 22JUL02 22JUL02 08OCT92 15JUL93
2A 01JUL04 01JUL04 01JUL04 15OCT01 01JUL04
2B 22JUN00 22JUN00 22JUN00 01MAY92 01DEC97
3rd 08AUG00 08AUG00 08AUG00 15OCT92 08JUN91
4th 01MAR98 15NOV97 01MAR98 08APR95 15MAY86

March 2009 // Employment-Based Visa Bulletin

All Charge- abilityAreas Except Those Listed CHINA – mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
Employment- Based
ment Areas/
Regional Centers
C C C C C

The notes from the March Visa Bulletin included the following:

D. EXPIRATION OF TWO EMPLOYMENT VISA CATEGORIES

Employment Fourth Preference Certain Religious Workers:

Pursuant to Section 2(a) of the Special Immigrant Nonminister Religious Worker Program Act (Pub. L. No. 110-391), the nonminister special immigrant program expires on March 6, 2009. No SR-1, SR-2, or SR-3 visas may be issued overseas on or after March 6, 2009. Visas issued prior to this date may only be issued with a validity date of March 5, 2009, and all individuals seeking admission as a nonminister special immigrant must be admitted (repeat, admitted) into the U.S. no later than midnight March 5, 2009.

Employment Fifth Preference Pilot Categories(I5, R5):

Pursuant to Section 144 of the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 (Public Law 110-329), the immigrant investor pilot program will expire on March 6, 2009. No I5-1, I5-2, I5-3, R5-1, R5-2 or R5-3 visas may be issued after March 6, 2009.

The initial cut-off dates for the categories mentioned above have been listed as “current” for March. If these categories have not been extended based on legislative action those cut-off dates will become “unavailable” effective March 7, 2009.

Drop your comments or questions about the March 2009 Visa Bulletin below.

Categories: Visa Bulletin Tags:
  1. Pooyan
    February 10th, 2009 at 08:54 | #1

My God. What is wrong with F3 Category. I’m stuck. Any has an idea?

2. robin sharma
    February 10th, 2009 at 15:39 | #2

f3 dates r out.8 aug 2000.moved only a week.mine priority date is 12 sep 2000.when can i get my visa…

3. JO
    February 10th, 2009 at 19:19 | #3

hello my priority date is 25 OCT 2000 i’m on F2B category
    received the ds-3032 and paid the affidavit of support my ds-230 and all required paper works are finished im from jordan …..do anyone can tell me when m i supposed to get my visa??

4. Manisha soni
    February 11th, 2009 at 03:52 | #4

f3 dates r out.8 aug 2000.moved only a week.mine priority date is 21 April 2001.when can i get my visa

5. February 11th, 2009 at 05:30 | #5

this good to hear it from you that in every bulliten they are just jumping months twice in one month

6. arlyn
    February 11th, 2009 at 10:48 | #6

my god i will be aging out i cant come with my mom huhu im all alone
    when is eb3 will be moving forward?

7. Coke Ortiz
    February 11th, 2009 at 13:17 | #7

All this is a joke, this people really play with families and their future, like if life was there waitting for us. Years ar gone and still we nedd to wait for more, well let m etell you something by the time you get your papers you will not find a job in this Country. My advice be ready and find another place to live i am already fixing my papaers in Canada and in less than 7 months I am there, the only thing I regreat is the almost 10,000 dollars that I already pay to my lawyer for the residence process , but I am sorry I can’s wait another 2 years for my windows date. Guys wish you luck !!!, but nowdays things change and USA is not the best place to saty like before.

8. Coke Ortiz
    February 11th, 2009 at 13:20 | #8

I am sorry for my last type, too many mistakes but I have my boy 4 years next to me.

9. robin sharma
    February 13th, 2009 at 15:46 | #9

usa is best and is going to remain so.so try to understand coke ortiz

10. Juan Pablo Carrera
    February 13th, 2009 at 17:13 | #10

Hi Coke:
    Thanks for being so sincere in your comments.
    I am in the same boat. Almost 10 years in this process, with about $13,000 paid to my lawyer and my older dauther out of my case since is 21 years old and now has the status of International Student, with very high fees, to keep her with us. Where she could go? We’re just her family.
    This is very inhumane system that just takes out not only our money but our youth, dreams. We are like you trying to figure it out where to go. I have a Master’s Degree from the European Union and will try to go there. This country doesn’t value us anymore, its mediocrity is overwhelming. Just one question, is there any age limit to move there as professsional, in Australia you can move until certain age.
    Please let me know how can I reach you.
    Thanks a lot.
    JP

11. RP
    February 13th, 2009 at 17:15 | #11

Hi,
    Who gets choice of agent’s form / DS 3032 in F 3 India category by
    Recently. Pl reply with your PD.
    Thanks

12. robin sharma
    February 14th, 2009 at 15:40 | #12

what’s ur pd RP????

13. RP
    February 15th, 2009 at 03:39 | #13

Robin
    MY pd is june 2001 long way to go
    How many month before PD we can get DS 3032 / DS 230.
    Do you know current stage of DS 3032

Thanks

14. robin sharma
    February 15th, 2009 at 11:18 | #14

mine priority date is 12 sep 2000 / f3.in december 2008 i got my choice of agent letter and in january 2009 i received ds-230 form.by february 12 mine entire paper works got over.i have to just now wait for cut off date to reach my pd.current pd is 8 august 2000.so i m 1 month 4 days far from current cut off date…

15. robin sharma
    February 15th, 2009 at 11:21 | #15

i heard that paper works has been finished till november 12 2000 pd’s.do u think that i would be getting visa within 3 or 4 months…please reply

16. robin sharma
    February 15th, 2009 at 11:21 | #16

the above two comments are for RP

17. RP
    February 16th, 2009 at 17:05 | #17

Robin
    Thanks for your reply.
    Also thanks to thevisabulletin.com
    Due to this forums we can understand current status.and progress
    We can share our thought and experience
    We can’t get any information from any agent or newspaper.
    From January 2008 to March 2009 movement in F 3 is to much slow.
    We can’t understand system and can’t plan for future.
    Thanks

18. Omid
    February 16th, 2009 at 18:46 | #18

Hi everybody
    this month (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4428.html) for the first time they gave some statistics on the people waiting for visa in family based category. considering the number of visas issued every year in every category, you can do some math and get an approximate evaluation of your appointment date.

19. Coke Ortiz
    February 17th, 2009 at 16:38 | #19

Juan Pablo Carrera, as far as I know age is not a problem. Best places in Canada; Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary.
    USA is looking to create jobs for them, not for us. It will silly if Barack Obama push to fix us o increment visas for us, the Country will be reallay mad with him and it isn’t a smart move. I really beleive we will hear a lot of bad news for us , because the economy. They will protect their people wich is logic. But again for that people who is not scare to look for oportunities around the world , beleive me USA is not the best option nowdays, like before. Don take me wrong I like USA but the way it was before, today they don’t need us anymore.
    GOOD LUCK !

20. lexart
    February 19th, 2009 at 15:24 | #20

Hi, I’m just wondering if how the economic stimulus bill affect our visa. Thanks.

21. March 4th, 2009 at 01:19 | #21

I have to say that this one sucks. Anyway read this w visa category for nurses.

22. March 4th, 2009 at 01:22 | #22

I have to say that this one sucks. Anyway read this w visa category for nurses.

W Visa Category

23. Jean
    March 5th, 2009 at 19:43 | #23

How many time the Departement of state make posting every month. And how long it will take for people of others country that categorie is F3 and priority date is september 5, 2000.

Thank you!

24. marsha
    March 8th, 2009 at 02:47 | #24

this thing is a joke my pri date is2006 when will they reach there and they said it take 3to five years. now you hear is seven years. the country is in a bad condition so its best a go some where else. they need to work a little more faster on their system

25. DEV
    March 9th, 2009 at 04:11 | #25

I AM IN F3 INDIA
    PD. AUG /23/2000 NVC CASE COMPLETED AUG 2008
    JUST CALLED 603 # IT SAYS YOUR CASE FORWARD TO CONSULATE MARCH 2ND. AND ALSO RECEIVED EMAIL SHOWING INTERVIEW DATE APR 2ND.
    DATE APR

26. robin sharma
    March 9th, 2009 at 19:34 | #26

hey dev , i am robin from vadodara.gujarat…my pd is sep 22 2000…F3 CATEGORY INDIA…so my paperwork is already completed and i am waiting for my visa call…so can u give some imformation about how much time did it take to get visa call..and what r further process….expecting ur firm reply and please give me ur contact no or email address…..my email is neel_york@yahoo.com…………please reply me sir….i want some suggestion..ur reply will be granted

27. robin sharma
    March 9th, 2009 at 19:43 | #27

hi jean u and me have same pd month SEPTEMBER…MINE PD IS SEP22 2000..F3 CATEGORY INDIA.SO DEV GOT HIS VISA AND U WILL BE GETTING UR VISA VERY SOON…AND AFTERWARDS ME…I AM FROM GUJARAT…SO I THINK WE HAVE TO BE IN TOUCH AND SHARE OUR THOUGHTS….SO MY PAPERWORK IS ALL COMPLETED..AND CAN I GET UR ANY CONTACT NO..OR EMAIL ID..MINE IS neel_york@yahoo.com

please do reply me…awaiting for a good response…..THANK U SIR

28. Hatim
  29. robin sharma
    March 10th, 2009 at 18:20 | #29

please do reply me…awaiting for a good response…..THANK U SIR

30. jignasha
    January 1st, 2010 at 09:28 | #30

@nursepod
    hi.. i need information about w visa for nurses.. pls reply me if u know…

1. April 19th, 2009 at 07:01 | #1