Home > visa bulletin > April 2008 Visa Bulletin // With Comments and Discussion

April 2008 Visa Bulletin // With Comments and Discussion

February 27th, 2008 Leave a comment Go to comments

Update Friday, March 14th, 2008: The April visa bulletin has officially been posted.

April 2008 // Employment-Based Visa Bulletin:

april-visa-bulletin-employment-based1.gif

April 2008 // Family-Based Visa Bulletin:

april-visa-bulletin-family-based.gif

Source: travel.state.gov

Also, the notes of the April visa bulletin discussed the availability of visas for EB2 nationals of India,

D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual “per-country” limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially.

Feel free to drop your comments or questions below.

[Note. The first 75 comments below were written before the April visa bulletin was published on Friday, March 14th.]

1. April 5th, 2008 at 13:15 | #1

Hi Che-Che. Check back later today for my responses. I’m catching up on comments as we speak. Thanks.

2. ONM
    April 6th, 2008 at 22:13 | #2

Dear John,
    How far do you expect EB 3 India to move by Oct 08? Just a guesstimate..

3. Lynn
    April 8th, 2008 at 14:51 | #3

What happened to “Schedule A” for RNs. Do you think it will ever come back onto the Visa Bulletin?
    Do RNs now have to go through full Labor Certification in EB-2 and EB-3?
    I am a RN (licensed in Florida) with a Master’s degree. To qualify for EB-2 and Schedule A do I have to get a job that requires that I do direct patient care or does teaching, managing also qualify for Schedule A?
    I am quite confused!!
    Thanks

4. April 11th, 2008 at 23:00 | #4

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to respond to your comments. Thanks for your patience. I got slammed with work the last few weeks so I haven’t responded as quickly as I would have liked. I might be getting some funding (advertising) for the site soon, so that will allow me to spend more time here and answer more questions. If you are interested in advertising on this site, get in touch.

@Joseph S: It’s my pleasure. Your visa can’t be granted if you haven’t submitted the application. Visa numbers are only made available to applicants who are completely ready.

@Moi: I have very little experience interpreting the CSPA. The section you cited is about retaining the priority date. I don’t know the answer to your procedural question, but I’m sure it depends on the specific facts of each case.

@Shishir: I don’t think so.

@Rups: This is a very specific (and complicated) question. You really deserve to have an immigration lawyer evaluate your situation completely. I have limited information and can’t answer here.

@Louryn: It’s out! See the May Visa Bulletin.

@Jaycelle: It’s my pleasure. Thanks for your comment!

@Kumar: Thanks for your comment. You can’t file the I-1485 unless the priority date is current. And you don’t file the EAD until you file the I-485. Hope this helps!

@Nwendu: Sometimes cases with earlier priority dates are not ready to be adjudicated, meaning there might be outstanding documents or a decision cannot be made for some reason.

@Nwendu: Regarding your second comment, your brother is a US citizen and his spouse is not subject to the visa bulletin because she is an immediate relative. There are no quotas for immediate relatives per se.

@Ron: There isn’t really any way to find out details about specific FBI name checks. That memo does not mean your I-485 will be approved faster – you still must wait for your priority date.

@Stephen: See an immigration lawyer to evaluate your specific case. You don’t want my answer because I don’t know any of your details.

@Christine: Thanks for your comment. Times can vary A LOT for labor certifications under PERM. I’ve seen labor certifications approved in just a matter of days, but I’ve also seen cases taking up to a year. Usually cases are approved in about 90-120 days from my experience. Best of luck.

@Carlos: See for yourself – it’s out! [May Visa Bulletin]

@KB: I don’t expect EB2 to move very much further in the coming months. I can’t address your AC21 question.

@Grace: There was some very good movement in the May bulletin for EB2 China. I hope your priority date is current, or at least closer.

@Nwendu: Congrats to your friend! Family members usually apply at the consular interview for the primary applicant, but check with your local consulate. Let us know what happens.

@Jessy KJ: It will likely depend on whether the priority date remains current.

@Leon: It’s my pleasure. Thanks for your comment! I wish I had more insight into the family bulletin, but I don’t. But check back soon, I’ll post anything I find.

@MHK: Thanks for your comment. Have you heard anything yet? You should call USCIS if you haven’t.

@Frank: Lots of people are talking about the slow movement in the family categories. I’m not sure why that is, but I’m guessing there is just a lot of demand. Sorry I can’t provide more insight.

@Carmen Pilapil: Well, your priority date (EB3 Philippines) moved forward again. Not quite to your priority date, but it’s close. Check back for the June Visa Bulletin. Good luck.

@KK: Where are you from?

@Twinkle: Sorry, I don’t have any insight on that.

@PPr: Thanks for your comment. Based on the information you provided, USCIS is not scheduled to adjudicate your case yet. Keep checking USCIS processing dates and only contact them if your case falls outside their processing dates.

@Bo20y_Phil: It is your priority date that matters only. Your co-workers seem unclear about the term “Retrogression”. Good luck.

@Raghunath Saligrama: Thanks.

@VI: It’s possible that numbers went unused (as you’ve suggested) if there were not enough applications ready to be adjudicated. I’m not familiar with the numbers you cited or the FB1 category in general, but that’s my general opinion about numbers going unused for any category.

@ONM: By October 2008… EB3 India will be at February 2002. DISCLAIMER = This is a complete guess. 🙂

@Lynn: Great question. There is no Schedule A right now unfortunately. By default, all RN petitions fall into the EB3 category. Believe me, we’re all confused! 🙂 Good luck.

5. MHK
    April 12th, 2008 at 17:40 | #5

Hi John ,

Thanks for the response. I have not heard anything about my GC yet. I called USCIS and they suggested I take infopass. My attorneys were saying that there may be some news by end of April 30th. Apparently , USCIS said that it clear all backlog by April 30 th. Is this true ?

Please advice.

Regards , MHK

6. April 13th, 2008 at 20:16 | #6

My priority date is the 25 Jan 2003.
    Am confused because the site where the visa numbers are at 22 feb 2002.Am I to suppose when my date arrives i will be able to migrate to the U.S. Or the date is the time the process starts.
    Can you pls advise if my priority date has passed do i have to wait another 2years before i migrate.

7. April 28th, 2008 at 19:49 | #7

Hello John,
    Thanks so much for the amazing amount of time you spend answering our questions. Although this is the first time I’m leaving a comment/question, I’ve been on your website a lot.
    My case is at the Texas center. I’m EB3 (European). My I-485 was received by the immigration services on November 17, 2004. My case has therefore been current since March 2008. What is the longest I could wait for before I receive my green card? Would it be fair to assume that I should receive it by the end of 2008, worst case…?
    Thanks again for your web site. It’s been an amazing source of support and information.

8. Huy
    May 9th, 2008 at 19:20 | #8

My priority date (May 18, 2000) on the visa bulletin has passed a month ago. However, I did not receive a notification to be sent USCIS for adjusting my status (I am under a student visa – F1). Please tell me what should I do now? Thanks

9. NJSAM88
    September 25th, 2008 at 13:38 | #9

Hi John..i’m one of those wishful optimists for the PD to be current or at least move according to our expectation. My PD is July 2006 and was once..twice…thrice instructed by my agency not to get pregnant coz it might cause delay if ever retro be lifted soon. How soon is that SOON??? NO ONE CAN TELL…Now, Im getting pregnant for me is no longer an issue…be it!..if i’ll be pregnant so THY WILL BE DONE… A GREAT BLESSING..I am not getting younger anymore nor can bring back the time. The fact that im waiting is the proof that im hoping but you know guys I realized that whatever we have, wherever we are we should learn how live our life to the fullest each day and …BE HAPPY!!!..I’m a CGFNS, IELTS and NCLEX PASSER… GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :0)

10. March 4th, 2009 at 02:01 | #10

Hi, I just became a part of this forum here and looking forward to helping. Great work by the admin and mods and every member around. You can really tell when people put a lot of effort into a forum and it definitely shows here! 🙂

I wanted to share something with everyone regarding something I’ve been doing to help me make extra money. I found a great new program that allows me to trade forex.

Forex is one of the easiest ways to make money right now. The forex market is huge and lots of great information all over, but this was one place I was really comfortable trading forex.

I’ve been using it for a little while and I’ve been able to make some great extra money. I’ve been able to learn stock market investing and have become quite good at it. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions for me. Just private message me. The Forex Brotherhood was one of the largest anticipated forex releases in years.

11. March 4th, 2009 at 02:16 | #11

fearless forecast john for the next visa bulletin READ HERE

12. srb
    April 9th, 2009 at 20:57 | #12

You are doing great job here. I have question regarding my GC. Iam from India and my PD is March 2007. I would like to know how much it take to get my PD current. Can I expect sometime this year July 2009. What is your prediction. I got I 140 also approved and waiting for my turn to apply for I 485. Please reply.

Thanks

13. srb
    April 9th, 2009 at 20:59 | #13

please reply soon

14. Arshil
    April 9th, 2009 at 21:12 | #14

@srb
    Not sure why you’re posting on April 2008 Visa Bulletin, but the discussion typically goes on where the latest Visa Bulletin is. Currently the May 2009 Visa Bulletin is the most current.

As for your question, I would assume that the answer would depend on the type of visa, what your PD is, and where you applied…

Good luck!

(By the way, John no longer writes for this site).

15. September 11th, 2009 at 15:09 | #15

Super-Duper site!. Im a nurse student ready to do my NCLEX exam – so I need to learn as much as possible :). Thanks!

16. July 14th, 2011 at 07:04 | #16

Hello.
    not that it really matters, but people have posted several "quotes" as follows:"Originally posted by surfgeo:It keeps giving me the error message of "Max VTS of 99 reached" and will not continue."It WASN’T me who posted that. not sure how that transposition happened. fortunately for me all my backup software is working perfectly and without any glitches since "running with scissors".DVDFab Decrypter (Express): http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htmVobBlanker: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=580DVD Shrink (and guide): http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/Imgburn http://www.imgburn.com/new "DVDFAB Decrypter + VobBlanker + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn" guide by Alkohol http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

Comment pages